Big 5 Safari with Lunch at Aquila Private Game Reserve
What’s included, what’s not
Know before you book
- Children 1 and younger are not allowed.
- minimum 2 adults are required for this activity to take place.
- Sightings of the Big 5 (buffalo, elephant, leopard, lion, and rhinoceros) are not guaranteed.
- Roundtrip transportation is available from and to most centrally located Cape Town hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Cullinan Guided Journeys strictly follow the SA Government approved TBCSA (Tourism Business Council of SA) Health and Safety Protocols. Should guests present COVID-19 symptoms, COVID-19 testing and quarantine will be at their own cost.
- All passengers are required to be fully vaccinated in order to travel on our tours or transfers.
- Guests will enter one at a time to avoid congestion. / No seat rotation allowed throughout the tour
What you can expect
Get ready for a safari tour through the Aquila Private Game Reserve, hoping to catch sight of the Big 5—buffalo, elephant, leopard, lion and rhino. Soak up incredible scenery during an enthralling game drive, and then savor an indulgent buffet-style lunch at the lodge.
Get picked up from your hotel in Cape Town and head east toward Aquila Game Reserve while enjoying beautiful natural scenery along the way. After arriving at the park, enjoy a refreshing welcome drink before meeting an experienced field guide and climbing into an open-air 4×4 vehicle. Your safari begins! Cruise through the park and keep your eyes peeled for the Big 5, cameras at the ready!
In the meantime, look out for blesbok loping along the plain—their long, white faces making them instantly identifiable. You may even get to marvel at lanky ostriches making their way across the arid reserve road. Keep cruising, searching for lions lazing in the sun and elephants jutting out above the African horizon.
Following your safari, savor a delectable buffet-style lunch at the lodge. After lunch, visit the Eco Synergy Systems Centre, a creative space where guests can see first-hand water-wise vegetable growing. Eco Synergy is a grouping of projects that interconnect and are all reliant on each other. Then, if there is time, relax a bit at the reserve’s glistening pool while treating yourself to a refreshing beverage at the lovely pool bar. Make a leisurely return to Cape Town in the late afternoon.
- Thrilling "Big 5" game safari in a beautiful private reserve
- Chance to see buffalo, elephant, leopard, lion & rhinoceros
- Scenic drive through awe-inspiring South African landscapes
- Buffet lunch in a rustic & luxurious lodge
- Visit to Eco Synergy Centre for water-wise vegetable growing